5 Minute Pre-Need Quickie; Sales Letters & Time

June 20, 2009 by  

Calling for follow-up vs. Mailing for follow-up

We’re talking about follow-up for at-need families and the best most efficient use of your time.  Most pre-need sellers will follow-up (if at all) once maybe by telephone.  

Most folks who’ve lost a loved one have to deal with a lot more than the emotions of the death.  The next-of-kin must take care of the estate no matter how simple or complicated.

Although, pre-planning may be one of those things they need to do it won’t be of a high priority.

In many cases it is not appropriate to meet with a family a day or two after a death.  In some cultures there is a specific mourning period encompassing a long time period

Whatever the time frame you use NO ONE follows up with families (and don’t email mail me and tell me about the 2.375% of pre-need sellers who follow up).  When I say NO ONE, I’m talking about pre-need sellers who work in-house (in the cemetery or funeral home).  This gives you a unique advantage.

A huge opportunity for you to follow up with families.  I did a follow up program for a funeral home going from 2 months to 12 months back in time.

Instead of phoning I sent a 3 step letter sequence with a postcard follow up.

Here are the results:

1st  Mailing:  9% response
2nd Mailing:  6% response
3rd  Mailing:  8% response
4th  Mailing:  2% response

Total response 25%.

Return on investment = 75 to 1

The return means for every 1 dollar invested the return was $75.00

Had I stopped at the first mailing I would have had a 9% response but because I mailed three more times I managed an extra 16% for a total of 25%.

There’s power in frequency and affinity.

Think of time and how you follow up with families.  By using the mail you’ll save time, be in a better position for the family to contact you, and best of all you’ll be able to do business the way you want.

Happy Selling!

David…

P.S.  Here’s the audio [QuickieSalesLetterTimeA.mp3]

P.P.S.  Click here for part 2

http://howtosellpreneed.com/time-management/5-minute-quickie-letter-part-2

P.P.P.S.  Click here for part 3

http://howtosellpreneed.com/time-management/5-minute-quickie-letter-part-3#more-1628

 

 

 

.

Comments

One Response to “5 Minute Pre-Need Quickie; Sales Letters & Time”

  1. D on June 24th, 2009 7:18 AM

    Well for a month I’ve been through your website. Great info. But you have no samples of letters and other things you mention. Everything you mention says, “soon”. Well when? Your membership has been down for quite some time now. When will it be up? Are you out making sales and that’s why no attention is being made in a hurry?

    Ok yes I’m hungry for samples? I’m new in preneed, I’m visual and you’re helpful!

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!





Bottom